In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Express Lawyers. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our service/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of Australia only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
2. You agree to provide your registration details and to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
3. On registration you agree to pay for our services as set out on our website.
4. We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
5. Our services are intended to be used by registered users within Australia only.
Our Website Services
6. Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
7. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we reserve the right to cancel your order should our prices change.
8. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
9. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
10. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
11. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
12. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
13. You may link our website only with our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
14. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
15. All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
16. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
17. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
18. Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
19. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
20. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
21. From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements, and endorsements, articles and blogs belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Statutory Guarantees and Warranties to Consumers
22. Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“C&C Act”) defines a consumer. Under the C&C Act we are a supplier of either goods or services or both to you, and as a consumer the C&C Act gives you statutory guarantees. Attached to the Standard Terms and Conditions are: –
23. If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act of our goods or services then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are defective then: –
Limitation of Liability
24. If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer: –
25. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website. We do not accept responsibility for advice given by any of our service providers and make no warranties or representations as to the appropriateness or accuracy of that advice.
26. These terms and conditions are to be governed by the laws of New South Wales and construed in accordance with the laws of that State. Any claim made by party which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in all the Courts of New South Wales and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.
27. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary, the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
28. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
29. We do not keep your financial information on our servers. All payments are carried out through a third party vendor.
30. We facilitate confidential communication by means of a private chat page between you and the service provider responding to your question for a period of two (2) years allowing you to access the advice provided to you for reference purposes.
31. We only authorise a set amount on your credit card at the commencement of the chat session to ensure that your card is valid and there are sufficient funds to proceed with any further consultation with the service provider.
32. Communications between you and the service provider are confidential and may be covered by legal professional privilege. We will not divulge your information unless required to do so by law or directed to do so by a Court.